Although she is not exactly a demon, the Red Goddess`s appeareance is that of an attractively nude woman dressed in the blood of martyrs. She seems to have long blonde "hair" (that could very well be scalps of skin from her head) along with possessing a glowing yellow halo located in the back of Her head in similar fashion to the angels of Heaven, and bleeding black/red eyes.
The Red Goddess exists since the day God made humanity. Since then, She toys with God's creations and takes pleasure in their suffering.
The Red Goddess is a very seductive, manipulative, conniving, and lustful being of great power. She enjoys the suffering of others in an sexual manner. She is also very obsessed with Nimrod, and has plans for him that can either humiliate him or make him loyal to Her. She enjoys Nimrod's suffering more than anyone else in Hell, and seduces Nimrod almost every chance She gets. Though he had betrayed Her before, She still has lustful affections for Nimrod and wants him to either succeeded or fail.
BackstoryDuring the rise of Nimrod, She beginned to take interest in his want for power and his goal to rule the Heavens. She assisted Nimrod by giving him demonic powers and changing him into the first half-breed to walk the Earth. She gave him a test to see if he truly meant what he wanted, and sent him to the coldest mountain that no man or woman can possibly survive.
After impressing the Red Goddess with his will to survive in the harsh cold, She sent him back to his kingdom with more power in him. As She slowly beginned to become impressed by his dedication, She overlooked the fact that he also had an ulterior motive; take over Hell for himself and also make He his slave. However, She soon become aware of his plans.
Angered by this, She seeked to punish Nimrod Herself, but discovered that Nimrod was poisoned by one of his own slaves; descending to the Earth, She finished off Nimrod for his arrogance and selfishness and sent him to Hell.
The Red Goddess is a summodeistic feminine being: the one goddess for the entire civilized world. She was known by countless names and forms, worshiped as different goddesses across the world, such as Inanna of Sumeria, Ishtar of Babylon, Isis of Egypt, Lilith of the hebrews, the Whore of Babylon by the christians, etc. Her true identity remains obscure - however, the damned souls souls of Hell referred to Her as the "Red Goddess" and Her demonic minions referred to Her as their Queen.
The Red Goddess has an "consort", the Beast. They together rule Hell as supreme monarchs, but She is the one who in charge of everything, being the queen of Hell, since the Beast is nothing but a mindless monster.
- The Red Goddess Herself is directly known as Babalon, a goddess found in the mystical system of Thelema, which was established in 1904 with English author and occultist Aleister Crowley's writing of The Book of the Law, her name being later given in other works.
- Babalon's idea is taken from the biblical Whore of Babylon, a female figure and also place of evil mentioned in the Book of Revelation in the Bible. The Red Goddess is drenched with blood as Her "dress style" and sometimes seen holding a chalice, similar to the Whore of Babylon's description who also held the chalice and wore scarlet (although with purple colors) dressing matching the color of blood. The Red Goddess Herself riding the Beast seen during the Normal Ending is also a nod to the Whore of Babylon riding on the Beast of the Apocalypse who also in scarlet color possessing multiple heads and horns.
- The Red Goddess referring upon a certain point in the game to a " infinite father" who cast away his daughter, may imply She is the daughter or creation of some immortal being or God Himself.
- Succubi (and likely, Incubi, if they ever exist in the world of Agony) are Her loyal servants who have been referred as "the eyes of the Goddess".
- The Red Goddess is based on various pagan goddesses and mythical female figures, whom she have been identified with throughout the game.
- Her name is likely a reference for a book of the same name, The Red Goddess. This book talks about the Babalon goddess, paganism, sex, and drugs.
- In the Succubus Prologue, it's stated that the Red Goddess is a lesbian.
|Red Goddess • The Beast|
|Baphomet • Kali • Lucifer • Vydija|
| Basics: Amazon • Cherub • Chort • Harpy • Onoskelis • Siren • Succubi • Ugly Goddess|
Unique: Enormous Chort • Frozen Onoskelis • Winged Succubus
|Ifrit • Ghost Octopus|
|Leviathan • Locust • Small Spider • Spider • Snake|